1. INFORMATION COLLECTED. When you visit kv.com, you may provide use with different types of information: Web site use information collected on an aggregate basis as you and others browse our web Site and personal information you knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide: At various points on this Site, you may choose to actively provide certain kinds of information, including personally identifiable information. Personal information is gathered only when Users make voluntary online submissions of such information or voluntarily establish an account. For example, we request information from you when you set up an online customer, dealer or supplier account, and when you purchase products online. The types of information we collect depends on the nature of the account, and such personal information may include: name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number, social security number, job title, and employer. We receive and store any information you enter on our Site or give in any other way.
Email: This Site provides you with the opportunity to submit questions or comments or request additional information from KV. KV may use the information you provide in your email to respond to your questions or comments, and KV specifically reserves the right to retain whatever information you submit, including your name, email address and any questions or comments submitted.
3. OTHER USES OF INFORMATION. KV will not trade, rent or sell your personal information. As indicated above, KV uses the information collected from you on the Site for a variety of purposes. KV uses the personal information collected for purposes of administering KV’s business activities, providing customer service, and making products and services available to KV’s customers. Occasionally, KV may also use the information KV collects to notify you about important changes to the Site, new services and special information KV thinks you might find valuable. Users who do not wish to receive those mailings (whether e-mail or paper mail) or who believe they are receiving those mailings by mistake can contact KV and request removal from the mailing list by e-mail or toll-free at 1-800-253-1561 between 8 a.m. and 5p.m. EST Monday - Friday.
4. SHARING INFORMATION WITH OUTSIDE PARTIES. From time to time we may share the information we collect with agents, contractors or affiliates of KV for the purpose of providing services to KV. We use an outside shipping company to ship orders, and a credit card processing company to bill Users for products. When the User signs up for these services, we will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services.
5. SECURITY. Although KV takes reasonable steps to protect any personally identifiable information provided on this Site from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration, no system is 100% secure or error-free. Therefore, KV does not guarantee the security or accuracy of the information collected on this Site, and you acknowledge that you are assuming the risk in transmitting such information to us. KV works to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you provide to us. To be sure your connection is secure, look at the lower portion of your browser window. If you see an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser), the SSL is active. Access to the Password-Protected Account portions of the Site are password protected to prevent unauthorized access, use or improper disclosure of information. It is your responsibility to safeguard any usernames and passwords you use to access portions of this Site and to notify KV if you believe such usernames or passwords are being misused. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for any unauthorized use of this Site conducted with your username and/or password.
By Email: email@example.com
By Mail: Attn: Legal Services
Knape & Vogt Manufacturing Company
2700 Oak Industrial Drive
Grand Rapids, Michigan 49505
10. OPT OUT. Our users are given the opportunity to "Opt Out" of having their personal information disclosed, used or distributed to third-parties and the opportunity to "Opt Out" of having us use the personal information for a purpose which is incompatible with the purpose for which it was originally collected or subsequently authorized by the User. To "Opt Out" either request by e-mail or contact us toll-free at 1.800.253.1561 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday – Friday.